Every year in Spring, it is the same effervescence which settles in Berck-sur-Mer. Small seaside resort located at the limit between the Bay of the Somme and the Opal Coast, Berck-sur-Mer receives each year hundreds of thousands of visitors in April, who come to attend a colorful show. Unfortunately, in 2019 and 2020, the event did not take place due to the health context and the restrictions in force. But this is only a postponement for an international event that has been in existence for over 30 years.
In 2023, the 36th edition of the international kite meetings will take place from 15 to 23 April.
Each year, the festival gives appointment to international meetings of kites which take place in Spring during almost two weeks. Huge octopuses, dragons and whales invade the sky of Berck-sur-Mer for the pleasure of young and old. You will also be able to take advantage of the stalls and the many activities organised for the occasion, particularly on the Parmentier esplanade, the scene of the festivities. For example, you can watch some aerial choreography performances or take part in a machine-building workshop. A 50-metre long wheel will also take you up close to the kites for 6€ per person: an opportunity to get a little height to see the show from above.
Every year, the organization and the animations are renewed: to discover the program of the next spring, we recommend you to go directly to the official site of the event where you will be able to find tariffs, plan, strong time. For the occasion, Berck sur Mer welcomes a large audience: families with children, kite associations, friends, and even teams of professionals from around the world. It is a festive and family atmosphere which reigns over the city and which ensures you to spend a beautiful moment !
- As the event is very popular, it is recommended to arrive early in the morning (before 10am) so as not to have too many difficulties to circulate and to find a parking place. This is the only way to cope with the large number of visitors!
- If you want to come by public transport, you should know that there are daily connections from Lille and Paris to Rang-du-Fliers. Buses take you to Berck-Plage, 6km away.
- Because there are not only professionals... Don't hesitate to bring your own kite for family fun! This will be the perfect opportunity to learn how to fly your own kite while enjoying the magic of the show to the rhythm of the wind.
- On the second and last weekend, a fireworks show is organised to close the festivities. Not to be missed, if you are present on that day!
- Take advantage of your visit to Berck-sur-Mer to enjoy the town and its surroundings. There are many things to do between the town centre and the Authie bay.
Why not treat yourself to a few days on the Opal Coast to fully enjoy the event? Stay in our residence in Camiers-Sainte-Cécile, only 30 minutes drive from Berck-sur-Mer. The ideal opportunity to find some peace and quiet after a crazy day and to relax in the comfort of our fully equipped accommodation. Our residence Trésors d'Opale will allow you to make the most of your stay thanks to its proximity to the beach (250m) and its outdoor pool.